Technology makes life easier and better. You can execute cumbersome tasks that would usually take days or weeks within a few hours.
One way technology solves human problems is through the development of AI software. AI software programs have allowed businesses and individuals to be more productive and efficient.
In this article, you will learn more about AI software and its benefits. You will also learn the best Artificial Intelligence software programs to consider using.
What Is AI Software?
Artificial Intelligence software is a computer or mobile program. It’s used to develop programs that will execute tasks in the same manner as a human. AI software aims to match up and outrank human intelligence. It does this by modeling human intelligence and observing various human data patterns and insights.
With the integration of Artificial intelligence into software programs, developers can create useful apps. These apps can then solve human problems better. The term “Artificial Software” was coined by John McCarthy in 1995 at Dartmouth College. John used this term in a proposal he submitted to the University.
AI software involves the combination of Deep Learning and Machine Learning. This helps developers to create a highly functional and useful application. Machine Learning involves how software is programmed. It uses algorithms to respond in a given situation. Deep Learning implies modeling the workings of the human brain in the neocortex. This is where about 80% of human thinking is processed.
Types Of AI Software
There are four types of AI Software; they are:
1. Artificial Intelligence Platforms
AI Platforms are a set of tools that allow software programmers to build Artificial Intelligence applications for consumers from scratch. AI platforms are embedded with developer tools that make app development easier. Some of these developer tools involve algorithms, frameworks of code, libraries, and developer kits. These tools aid developers. Especially when incorporating Machine and Deep Learning functionality in their application.
AI platforms have a drag-and-feature that simplifies app development. But, you will need to have a vast knowledge of application development to use it effectively.
Chatbots are widely adopted by businesses. Especially those that want to improve their customer experience with automation. Chatbot adopts Natural Language Programming (NLP). It does this to interact with customers through voice, text, or both.
Chatbots are used by customer call centers and live chats. They process customers’ requests before they are forwarded to a customer care agent. They allow businesses to know their customers’ specific requests. Then, they direct them to the appropriate channel. This will, in turn, save a company the cost of hiring human assistants to take customers’ demands. Chatbots serve as virtual assistants and learn to adopt customers’ vocabulary. The more they interact and engage, the more they learn.
3. Machine Learning
Machine Learning involves the incorporation of a range of libraries and frameworks. These allow an AI app to perform tasks and make decisions based on the data a developer incorporates. Developers need to have a high level of expertise and knowledge in app development. They need this before they can incorporate Machine Learning algorithms in software programs.
The aim of Machine Learning is to integrate how humans think, act, and execute tasks into an AI app. This helps to make it an efficient problem-solver.
4. Deep Learning
Unlike Machine Learning, Deep Learning relies on artificial neural network. It does not need human supervision or intelligence. The AI algorithm can mimic the human decision-making process. This can be done with the implementation of an artificial neural network. Deep Learning can only mimic the human decision process on a smaller scale. This is because it is impossible to replicate the amount of neural connections in the human brain using an artificial neural network.
Deep learning can be grouped into three main subcategories, namely:
i. Image Recognition (Computer Vision): The incorporation of an image recognition algorithm allows AI applications to learn and recognize images pixel by pixel. An example is the ability of Facebook to recognize your friends’ faces when you are tagging them in a photo. Another example is reserve search engines. Tineye allows you to run an image on its search engine and locate where it has appeared earlier.
ii & iii. Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Voice Recognition allow AI applications to consume, process, and understand human language in its natural form. With NLP, applications can process its users’ speech or command prompt in its natural form. Natural Language Processing and Voice Recognition are adopted in apps. This includes Google Assistant, iPhoneʼs Siri, Hound, and Google Allo.
What Are The Benefits Of Artificial Intelligence Software?
It boosts apps performance
AI software allows developers to integrate artificial intelligence into their applications. Doing this will boost their applicationsʼ performance by making them effective human problem-solver.
It minimizes errors
Human resources are effective. But, they are liable to make costly and horrible mistakes at times due to distractions. Using AI apps to execute tasks will lower errors to the barest minimum. Unlike human resources, artificial intelligence is not susceptible to distractions.
It aids in the development of highly interactive applications
The integration of artificial intelligence into software programs has allowed developers to create applications that will make life easier for businesses and consumers.
AI studies and mimics human behavioral patterns. With this, app development can add value and interact with users from their viewpoint.
It improves our day-to-day lives
The integration of AI in apps has been able to offer solutions to day-to-day human problems. Thereby making human lives easier. AI integration makes it possible to text your friend via voice prompt instead of typing. It also allows you to unlock your phone via retina or biometric scanner.
It enhances personalization
Artificial intelligence studies and understands its user’s behavior using Deep and Machine Learning. It then models its decision and interactions based on its understanding of user behavior.
Artificial Intelligence Software Cons
It has a limited scope
Artificial Intelligence Software has a limited scope. It does not go beyond the axis of what’s programmed on it. AI relies solely on data installed by the developer.
A photo editor app cannot be used as a video editor because it is not programmed to be a video editor in the first place.
But, human resources can adapt and take on new challenges.
The advent of AI software has led to the development of functional applications. These outperform human workers. The downside is that most workers with an average skillset have lost their jobs to AI software programs. The more developers develop better software programs, the more average workers will risk losing their jobs.
It requires expertise
Developing Artificial Intelligence Software requires the service of an expert. They need to be vast in application development.
It is expensive
Developing Artificial Intelligence apps with AI software doesn’t usually come cheap. You need a decent budget to hire a pro developer to develop an AI app. The management and maintenance of an AI app also costs money.
It is not a perfect substitute for human resources
Artificial Intelligence executes tasks faster than human resources. But, it is not a perfect substitute for human resources. This is because human resources can perform challenging tasks that artificial intelligence can’t. Also, artificial intelligence relies on human intelligence to function effectively.
Key Features Of Artificial Intelligence Software
- Adaptive: AI software programs make use of Machine Learning to adapt to their environment. They improve in their performance with time, based on their interaction.
- Reactive: AI software programs observe and react to changes around them. They do so by tracking inputs, procedures, and behaviors. They use these to make smarter decisions.
iii. Forward-Looking: Apart from AI software reacting to changes, it also searches through possible scenarios to find effective goals.
- Data ingestion: Artificial Intelligence software processes high volumes of data at great velocity.
- Concurrent: AI software programs can process many systems. They can also process several interactions by people at the same time.
11 Must-Have AI Software Programs
1. Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine
Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine is a cloud-based predictive analytics AI software. It is embedded with frameworks that allow you to run different Google services like Google Cloud Speech and Google Photos. Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine can be used to create and scale a model. It can also be used to manage models for group predictions effectively. With this AI software, you can train, analyze, and tune your model.
- Scalable Machine Learning.
- Integration with other Google platforms like Google BigQuery and Google Cloud.
- It is equipped with Deep Learning capabilities.
- It is equipped with HyperTune that automates models training.
- It has three main effective components. They are REST API, gcloud, and Google Cloud Platform Console. Google Cloud Platform Console is used to deploy and manage models, versions, and jobs. Gcloud is a command-line tool used to manage models and versions. REST API is used to watch online predictions.
- It is available on Mac, Windows, and Web.
- It has a great support system.
- It supports a smooth transition from training to predictions. It does this by using its web-based prediction service.
- It is challenging to learn.
It has a free limited version. The cost of training in the US is $0.49/hour per training unit. In Europe and the Asia Pacific, it costs $0.54/hour per training unit.
2. Azure Machine Learning Studio
Azure Machine Learning Studio is open-source software. It allows you to deploy your model as a web service. It has a drag-and-drop feature that simplifies app development. Even for a new developer with no programming skills.
- Cortana intelligence.
- Experiment Conversion.
- Drag-and-drop features.
- It provides a web-based solution.
- It is scalable.
- It has a library of AI algorithms.
- It requires no programming skills
- It has a community where you can share app development problems. You can also discover solutions.
- It has an obscured pricing system.
The free version will give you access to:
- 100 modules per Experiment
- 1 hour per Experiment
- 10 GB storage system
- Single Node Execution
The paid version, which is the standard version starts a $9.99 per month. This plan allows you to have access to:
- Unlimited modules per experiment.
- $1 per Studio Experimentation Hour.
- Up to 7 days per Experiment and 24 hours per module.
- Multiple Nodes Execution.
- Unlimited storage space.
- Production Web API.
TensorFlow is an open-source system. It’s also a numeric computation tool used for research and production.
- Open-source tool.
- It can be deployed on CPUs, GPUs, and TPUs, Desktops, Clusters, Mobiles, and Edge devices.
- Can perform different tasks like identifying pictures and conducting accurate design.
- It is free to use.
- It supports cross-platform integration.
- It is constantly updated.
- It has a supportive community.
- It is packed with different functionalities.
- It is challenging to learn.
TensorFlow is free to use.
4. IBM Watson
IBM Watson is an enterprise artificial intelligence software. It allows a business to speed up research and discovery. It also predicts disruptions and enriches interactions. It even makes your model understand and process real-life concepts better.
- Advanced AI and Machine Learning.
- Interaction enrich.
- Visual recognition.
- Adaptive customer experiences.
- Knowledge management.
- It allows you to extract meaningful information by analyzing diverse data sources
- It is developed for enterprises in different sectors
- It allows enterprises to maintain ownership of their data and intellectual property.
- It allows companies to understand their customers better.
- High switching cost.
- It takes time to understand.
- It doesn’t process structured data directly.
IBM Waston has a free plan that allows you access to:
100 dialog nodes
10,000 messages every month
IBM has four different paid plans.
5. Google Assistant
Google Assistant is a virtual assistant developed by Google. This virtual assistant can perform different tasks. This includes:
- Scheduling events
- Setting alarms
- Identifying an object
- Fetching data or info on the Internet when prompted
Google Assistant supports Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating system. It also supports various languages. This includes English, Spanish, Dutch, German, Russian, French, Hindi, and many others. It is free and easy to use.
- Voice control
- Integration with other Google applications
- Two-way conversation engagement
- It can perform several tasks.
- It supports different devices like phones, cars, wireless headphones, and Android TV.
- It allows you to find quick information like traffic updates or currency conversion.
- It does not work without the internet.
- It amounts to high data usage.
Google Assistant is free to use.
Socratic is an Artificial Intelligence app. It’s used by students to solve complex arithmetic homework. A user will need to snap a picture of their homework. After, the app will suggest possible concepts to solve arithmetic problems. Socratic is available on both iOS and Android app stores.
- Text-recognition technology
- Computer algebra systems
- Crowdsourced solutions
- Skill Testing
- Curriculum Management
- Classroom Reporting and Management
- Parent Portal
- It helps students solve arithmetic problems.
- It is easy to set up.
- It aids In-Person training.
- It is only available in the web version.
- It pricing system is not transparent.
It has a free trial version. But, its premium plan pricing is not stated.
Robin is a voice assistant AI app that executes tasks when you give it prompt commands. With Robin, you can compose text messages, get traffic updates, and place an order with a voice prompt. It is available on the iOS and Android platforms.
- Local Search and Navigation
- Hands-Free Messaging
- Personal Traffic Updates
- Parking Guidance
- Personalized Social Updates
- It allows you to navigate your phone without typing
- It is free
- It performs multiple tasks
- It is only available for Android users.
It is free to use.
8. Infosys Nia
Infosys Nia is a software program known for simplifying complex tasks. The software consists of 3 main components. This includes: Knowledge platform, Data platform, and automation platform. The software’s Knowledge platform caters to acquiring, processing, and repurposing knowledge. The Data platform deals with advanced data analytics and machine learning. The Automation platform deals with predictive and cognitive automation.
Infosys Nia also has a conversational interface. It provides automation that caters for repetitive tasks. One major downside of this software program is that it is difficult to learn.
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning Platform
- Cognitive Automation
- Knowledge Processing
- Robotic Process Automation
- Predictive Automation
- It helps organizations to create a system that runs smoothly.
- It allows organizations to automate repetitive tasks.
- It aids fast data processing
- It has no free trial
- It has an obscured pricing system.
It’s pricing packages are not stated by the manufacturer.
Leia is another artificial intelligence app. It allows individuals without any website development knowledge to build decent and functional websites.
Leia has a drag-and-drop feature that allows you to create a fully optimized website in no time. It also has different ready-to-use website templates that you can tweak to make your own website.
The tool can be used to design blogs, landing pages, and e-commerce websites.
- Read-to-use templates
- Drag-and-drop feature
- It simplifies website development process
- Slow and hard to navigate
Hound is another voice artificial intelligent app. It has a similar model to Google Voice Search. To use Hound, you will need to say “OK Hound” after which you make your voice request.
Hound can help with tasks such as: getting information online, traffic updates, and so on. It can also be used to translate text to speech and speech to text.
- Conversational AI platform
- Continuously learning
- Speech Recognition
- It supports iOS and Android
- It understands and processes complex questions
- It understands follow-up questions
- It is free
11. English Language Speech Assistant (ELSA)
ELSA helps its users to improve their command of the English language within four weeks. It teaches its users essential things about speech and pronunciation.
ELSA has different modules that focus on essential aspects of speech in the English Language. It also has a tracking system that records and tracks your progress rate.
It is available on iOS and Android.
- Instant and precise feedback
- Over 1200+ lessons
- Free Assessment Test
- Neutral American English Pronunciation
- It enhances fluent English Pronunciation
- Not super easy to navigate