UX designers appreciate efficiency and technology which makes some cities stand out as excellent places for them to live. After you master essential UX designer skills, all you have to do is find a city you want to live in. The US is one of the top global locations for design work and is internationally known for high-quality design.
To help you get started, here are 5 of the top cities that designers should consider:
- San Francisco, California: San Francisco UXers have a lot of choice when it comes to finding the right position.It’s impossible to write a list of the best cities for designers without mentioning the Bay Area. You can find Many prestigious design agencies are located here, too, including Clay, Method and IDEO.
- New York, New York:This city is well known for its advertising and marketing firms,that’s why UX professionals play a significant role in all of these companies. New York is also home to a number of the world’s best design schools, such as Pratt Institute—a good opportunity for anyone who wants to improve their skills in design or designing apps.
- Seattle, Washington: Is home to some of the world’s most popular software and web companies from IBM, Expedia, Microsoft and Amazon. A resource called UX Seattle provides great information about local events, companies, and Slack communities.
- Boston, Massachusetts: The potential for extreme technological advancement make Boston one of the best cities for graphic design jobs. Massachusetts is home of the most prestigious universities in the world, Harvard and MIT, and In the tech field, Boston is known for its robotics.
- Austin, Texas: Big names like Dell, IBM, Google and Oracle have settled in the Texan capital. Something really positive is that the cost of living in Austin is cheap, making the UX professional salaries even more alluring. Also, the University of Texas is known for its School of Information, where 70% of graduates are employed within 3 months of finishing school.
After reading the article, where would you go to live?